Compensation For Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
A car accident, a fall on ice, a trip-and-fall accident or a workplace injury may have left you with a traumatic brain injury (TBI). You are now beginning a new stage of life as a survivor of a head injury. Whether through a fall or in a collision, a blunt force injury to the head can leave you with long-term effects that will require courage and patience to overcome.
Naturally, there is a wide spectrum of brain injury severity. Your head injury (or your close family member’s head injury) may fit one of these descriptions:
- A severe TBI leaving you (or your loved one) in a coma or in a vegetative state
- A blow resulting in a coma from which you may regain consciousness
- An injury that leaves you with bodily function impairments such as seizures
- An injury that results in headaches and perhaps dizziness but no bodily function impairments
- A concussion or contusion that requires lengthy rest and relaxation
Every head injury patient’s situation is unique, yet there are commonalities, often including:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty holding down a job afterward
- Difficulty functioning in one’s family and community as vibrantly as before
- A need for occupational therapy to recover a manageable lifestyle
When Other People Question Your Condition After A Closed Head Injury
It is also common for recovering head injury patients to discover that other people believe they are “all well now,” when in fact, they continue to cope with negative repercussions for months or years afterward — and sometimes permanently.
As with any serious injury, you need and deserve quality legal advice to discover how to pursue the compensation you will need to pay medical bills, replace lost income and acknowledge your pain and suffering. Glenda Mitchell Law Firm is here for you. Personal injury lawyer Glenda Mitchell has devoted her career to helping injured people maximize recovery of compensation after suffering injuries and losses.
Offering Free Consultations To People Who Have Suffered Head Injuries
If you were injured in Georgia, we welcome your phone inquiry at our Cartersville office at 864-326-3073. If you were injured in South Carolina, we recommend you call our Greenville office at 706-408-8448 . We also have a contact form on this website that you can use to request a meeting with a lawyer.
We can meet you at your home, in a hospital or at either of our offices.