1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  4.  » Hit-And-Run Accidents

Pursuing Compensation After A Hit-And-Run Accident

A hit-and-run accident naturally presents challenges as you seek compensation for your injuries. The first step will be to try to find that other vehicle in order to hold that driver accountable.

Leaving The Scene Of An Accident Is Wrong, Of Course — And May Confirm Another Driver’s Negligence.

The driver who struck your car and then left the scene of the accident may be arrested and face criminal charges. More importantly from your perspective, he or she may now provide a source of compensation — if the driver was insured. If the driver was not insured, you may be able to pursue compensation through your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Remember: Before you talk to your insurance agent about this or other insurance-related issues, consult with an attorney for best results.

These descriptions of accidents and legal issues are provided here for the sake of general discussion. In fact, you should not play lawyer with your own motor vehicle accident case but rather, get help from a proven professional. At Glenda Mitchell Law Firm, our mission is to help injured people recover maximum compensation. We are well-prepared to address special circumstances such as hit-and-run cases.

Talk To An Attorney About Your Hit-And-Run Case

If the other driver left the scene of the accident after a collision that injured you, do not despair over how you will recover compensation. Our investigative team will pursue all avenues, working with police and looking into your own uninsured motorist coverage.

Let’s talk about your hit-and-run accident and the best way to move forward to recover. Reach us at our office in Georgia by calling 678-721-0417 or at our office in Auburn by calling 334-604-7927 or at our office in South Carolina by calling 864-326-3073. You can send an email inquiry instead to request a free consultation.

We can conduct the initial consultation at your home or hospital if you cannot come to our offices in Cartersville, Auburn or Greenville.